CELTA courses are designed by each centre, always based on specifications produced by Cambridge English Language Assessment. Centres create their own application form and pre-interview task. If you are interested in taking a CELTA course at Lenguas-Vivas, firstly you need to complete and submit the application form available on our site. If you meet the entry requirements, we will contact you to arrange a time for an interview. Interviews can be done in person or by phone or Skype. After the interview, the interviewer will either offer you a place on a course, suggest you wait before taking the course (perhaps you need to develop your language awareness) or advise you that the course is not right for you. If you are offered a place, you need to pay a deposit to secure that place.
Quick guide for registration
Enrolment/ Application procedure
Candidates will be selected according to the following criteria. Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- An ability to show an English language level equivalent to a good C1 (i.e. Pass A or B at CAE). All four skills will be tested at interview.
- An ability to show the potential to learn how to analyse language for teaching purposes. This will still have been shown if a candidate requires some prompting and support from the tutor in interview. The ability to respond to method is crucial.
- An ability to work as a member of a team.
- A willingness to respond to method.
- A willingness to respond openly to feedback.
- The personal qualities to lead a group of students.
- An awareness and understanding of the possibility of failure.
- An undertaking to co-operate with all the administrative demands of the course (e.g. signing progress reports).
The application consists of two parts; the general information form and the pre-interview tasks.
|DATES||COURSE||COURSE FORMAT||DAILY SCHEDULE||COURSE FEE|
|8 Oct - 12 Dec 2019||CELTA Part-time (11 weeks)||2 days per week; Tue and Thu||08h00 - 14h30||1.400 € / 1.520 € *|
|17 Jan - 11 Mar 2020||CELTA Part-time (8 weeks)||3 days per week; Mon, Wed, Fri||09h00 – 14h30||1.400 € / 1.520 € *|
|4 May - 5 Jun 2020||CELTA Semi-intensive (5 weeks)||4 days per week; Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri||09h00 – 16h30||1.400 € / 1.520 € *|
|1 July - 28 July 2020||CELTA Summer Intensive (4 weeks)||5 days per week; Mon to Fri||09h00 – 17h30||1.400 € / 1.520 € *|
|2 Sept - 29 Sept 2020||CELTA Intensive (4 weeks)||5 days per week; Mon to Fri||09h00 – 17h30||1.400 € / 1.520 € *|
|8 Oct - 17 Dec 2020||CELTA Part-time (11 weeks)||2 days per week; Tue and Thu||08h00 – 15h30||1.400 € / 1.520 € *|
|* There are early bird places available for the first six applicants that are accepted in each course. In order to benefit from this offer you will have to pay the full fee at once (1,400€) when booking your place.|
Dates and prices
The course fee is 1.520€. A non-refundable deposit of 750€ will be payable upon the acceptance of a place on the course. The course fee covers the delivery of the course and all administrative costs to Cambridge ESOL. Course materials such as books are available for candidates to borrow. The fee does not include travel, accommodation or day-to-day living expenses (e.g. lunch).